Saturday, May 31, 2014

Bruschettaish...

This blog has inspired someone....well me...mainly me...but still!  I was looking through my old posts the other day and found this one about a dish I beautifully named Bruchetta Marinara.  Unfortunately I have not been able to find the BOCA bruchetta burgers anymore.  People say they are still being sold but alas..no burgers have been located here.  If you know where to find them please..let me know!!

 Anyways so tonight I thought I would try to recreate the idea of this meal with regular old Morningstar Grillers.  I cooked up my grillers in skillet with a lil EVOO and added 1/4 cup of tomato sauce with some dried basil.  When the sauce got all bubbly I added a slice of provolone cheese and let it melt on top.   In the microwave I made up some instant potatoes to go along slide my bruchetta like creation.  In the end it looked like this:
It was super filling and delicious. This was also the first time Ive had potatoes since I was diagnosed.  I missed them.  The best part was the whole meal was only 33 carbs so I had plenty of room for one of these!





No comments:

Post a Comment