Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Wii Weigh In

Hello Peeples!  So I have been diagnosed with diabetes for about a month now.  For the first 3 weeks or so it was mostly a shock.  I had no idea what to eat! Sweets of corse not!  Bread...Hello..carb town!  Cottage cheese...protein backed..surely a good idea..add in tons of veg..YES..So thats what I ate...but i was still eating lots of things I shouldn't have...or more like in amounts I shouldn't have.

Fast forward to last week when I met with one of my dieticians.  She gave me an overview of what to look for, a cheat sheet for common foods, and my glucometer. Now I take meds twice a day and take a blood sugar reading twice a day as well.  My numbers have been getting lots better and it hasn't even been that long! 

Even though I have seen so much progress I have so badly wanted to go back to my old routines.  For a long time I saw it as any other diet, something I would do for a little while until I got bored or gave up and when back to eating what I wanted.  I sadly thought that I would eat like this until I got better and then I was good to go back.  This is not the case, its going to be a life long battle so Id better just get used to it!

The last perk I have seen that has really given me a reason to not give up, aside from my health, is weight loss.  When I went in for that first Drs appointment a month ago I weighed 195lbs and stayed consistent up to my last appointment a week ago when I started my new low carb diet.  I have since lost 10.5lbs!!! I now weigh 184.5 I realize it has only been a week but my diet has changed DRAMATICALLY and I'm getting plenty of food. I need to ask my doctor if my blood sugar levels where causing me to hold on to weight or something or if its just the portion controlled, low carb diet.


No comments:

Post a Comment