Monday, May 26, 2014

OMG....Math Soup!!

Hello! Today I had a mini freakout but before that I made some delicious soup.  I was getting ready to make lunch today and thinking..uhh...what to eat?!?  So whats a girl to do...Pinterest of course.  I found a pin for Creamy Southwest Soup that looked interesting and it inspired me.  I pulled out my handy dandy Morning Star crumbles and then began to WING IT!  What came of my experiment was not only edible but delicious.   The seasonings were just thrown in so I'm not sure how much I put in but it was HOTTTTTTT!!!
After I ate came the fun (freakout moment) part of calculating how many carbs per serving.  This was MATH and I don't really do math.  So Meatlover helped me calculate it all up.  Thanks Babe! 

Vegetarian Taco Soup
3 cups vegetable stock - 9 carbs
1 small can tomato sauce - 14 carbs
1/4 c. carrots - 2.33 carbs
1/4 c. corn -  5.3 carbs
1 c. crumbles - 6.5 carbs
1/4 c. dry couscous - 30.75 carbs
2 tbsp sour cream- 2  carbs
2/3 c. shredded cheese-- <1 carb



Seasonings:
Cumin
Cayenne Powder 
Onion Powder
Chipoltle Chili Powder
Paprika
Red Pepper Flakes

1 Cup Serving is 19 carbs
Makes 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment