Sunday, May 25, 2014

Update and New Focus!

Hey guys! So its been over a year since my last post but I have decided that I should get back to this project.  It was a great way to document my now HUSBAND and I's food journey.  We ate better when I was documenting and we want to return to that.

  I also have a second reason.  At 24 I have recently been diagnosed with diabetes.  My numbers were insane! Here is the story:  I went in to my new drs office for a routine physical for work.  I had fasted the night before..uggg...and they drew my blood and looked at me..whole 9yrds.  Then they called me back in to tell me my numbers were high and did I forget to fast?  I hadn't so they ran an A1C test which shows your blood sugar levels for the last 90 days.  I was high again.  I had diabetes and showed some of the classic symptoms, increased thirst, frequent urination, & muscle cramps.  FUN FUN FUN...not!

 So now not only do I want to eat better just because, I want to slim down and get my numbers where they should be.  I have had one meeting with a nutritionist already who told me the basics.  I can have 30-45 carbs per meal, 15 for snacks.  I should be eating a variety of foods and watching portion sizes.  

For the last week plus I have been monitoring my food intake and trying lots of new foods.  In the past I relied on carbs like pasta, bread, rice, and other grains to fill me up in place of meats.  Now I have to be a little more creative.  So join me on this new journey to please not only my meat eating husband but also a diabetic vegetarian...*Mario voice "HERE WE GO!!"*

No comments:

Post a Comment