Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Peahater's Ranch Strips


I had both of my sister's staying with me for a weekend this September.  Peahater you have met before. Hotsauce is my middle sister and she is named such because she puts hotsauce on everything!!   Anyways, while they were here I told them they were going to make their own dinner.  I took them to our local walmart and said to pick up whatever looked good and I would give them ideas of what they could make with it.  Peahater thought chicken and ranch sounded good.  I remembered seeing a commerical about ranch burgers and thought I could make that work for her.  The first picture is her cutting the chicken into strips, something that was very new to her.  The second picture is strips on the pan, and the third picture is of her meal.  She had carrots and strawberries with her strips.  She liked them alot and so did Meatlover.  I think they were quick and simple to make even though  Peahater made a big mess.  She was not a fan of the dredging process.  Her fingers got all crusty!!


Chicken Ranch Strips
Frozen chicken breasts
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip
bread crumbs
1 beaten egg
flour

Cut partially thawed chicken breast into 1 in strips.  Dip each strip into flour, egg, and breadcrumbs seasoned with ranch packet.  Put on a cookie sheet and bake until chicken is fully cooked and crumbs are golden brown.  

No comments:

Post a Comment