Sunday, July 10, 2011

Rice and Peas...and SALT


I was sick both Wed and Thurs of this last week which was no fun. On Wed Meatlover had the day off so he spent the day taking care of me and made me some yummy grilled cheese and tomato soup that I didn't take a picture of it was very yummy. Unfortunately he had to go back to work on Thurs so it was up to me to make food for my sensitive sick tummy with only my foggy sick brain to work with. I decided on brown rice, it cooks itself, how could I mess it up? Well one word..SALT, and oil, but mostly salt. You see meatlover made some really yummy rice on Wed for himself and he said he added a bit of EVOO to the water while it was cooking. So I did the same thing Thurs. I also, with my sickly brain, thought well ill just add a bit of salt as well. I added a ton I guess because my final product was slimy (oily) and like the ocean salty! It was also still kinda crunchy so I don't know what all went wrong but the only good part about this meal was the peas. This is why you don't let sick people cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment