Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pizza Pockets

Last night for supper I felt like making something new. This is my attempt at making a calzone/ pizza pocket type of thing. It was very good and more filling then my normal 4 slices of pizza. Mine were just cheese but Meatlover had some honey ham in his although he says pepperoni would have been better. I think I may try spinach in mine next time. This was my first time making this and I just made it up so Ill post the recipe below if you would like to try it.
Pizza Pockets
(Makes 4 pockets)

INGREDIENTS:
1 Refrigerated pizza dough in a tube
1 can pizza sauce
grated mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese
Italian seasoning
Garlic powder/salt
Pizza Toppings (Any you would like)
Cooking spray

DIRECTIONS:
Start by unfolding pizza dough and cutting it into 4 even rectangles. Then take one piece and roll it out until it is about 5 by 7 inches. Some may be a little bigger or smaller. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray (I used olive oil spray) and place your dough on it. Place sauce, cheese, and toppings on half the dough but careful not to go all the way to the ends. Fold over the dough and use a fork to seal the ends. Take your fork and stab small holes into the top for the steam to escape. Then add parmesan, mozzarella, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder/salt to the top of each pocket. Bake at 450 for about 10mins or until golden brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment